- M. Afhamisis and M. R. Palattella, "SALSA: A Scheduling Algorithm for LoRa to LEO Satellites," in IEEE Access, vol. 10, pp. 11608-11615, 2022, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2022.3146021.
- R. Soua, M. R. Palattella, A. Stemper and T. Engel, "MQTT-MFA: a Message Filter Aggregator to Support Massive IoT Traffic Over Satellite," in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, doi: 10.1109/JIOT.2021.3129058.
- M. Afhamisis, M. R. Palattella, "Satellite LoRaWAN Multicast: How feasible is it?", IEEE Future Networks,
Advanced Solutions for 6G Satellite Systems, July 2022, Link
- M. Afhamisis, S. Barillaro,and M. R. Palattella, "A Testbed for LoRaWAN Satellite Backhaul: Design Principles and Validation," 2022 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2022, doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCWorkshops53468.2022.9814560.
- M. R. Palattella, J. O’Sullivan, D. Pradas, K. McDonnell, I. Rodriguez and G. Karagiannis, "5G Smart Connectivity Platform for Ubiquitous and Automated Innovative Services," 2021 IEEE 32nd Annual International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), 2021, pp. 1582-1588, doi: 10.1109/PIMRC50174.2021.9569463.4
- M. R. Palattella and N. Accettura, "Enabling Internet of Everything Everywhere: LPWAN with Satellite Backhaul," 2018 Global Information Infrastructure and Networking Symposium (GIIS), 2018, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1109/GIIS.2018.8635663.
- M. Afhamisis, S. Barillaro, M. R. Palattella, "A study of LoRa PHY Protocol and LoRaWAN Networks," Springer Handbook of Internet of Things, 2023.
- Z. Zhou, M. Afhamisis, M. R. Palattella, N. Accettura, P. Berthou, "Pervasive LPWAN connectivity through LEO Satellites: trading off reliability, throughput, latency, and energy efficiency", Book Chapter in "Low-Power Wide-Area Networks: Opportunities, Challenges, Risks and Threats" Book, Springer, doi:https://hal.laas.fr/hal-03844534